Popular Post

Bobbie Thomas visits Miami to support the LATISSE® Wishes Challenge Campaign

My favorite Style Guide, Bobbie Thomas, was in Miami on Monday, September 13th, to speak about LATISSE® at the Four Seasons Hotel in Brickell. LATISSE® solution is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to grow lashes longer, fuller and darker for those with inadequate or not enough lashes (eyelash hypotrichosis). As an Ambassador for the LATISSE® Wishes Challenge campaign, Bobbie Thomas is currently leading a team of LATISSE® users who are challenged to raise more than a quarter of a million dollars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. Bobbie is also the official Style Editor of NBC's "Today Show" and Author of In Touch Magazine's The Buzz Column. Did I mention she has a fabulous website? www.Bobbie.com

Style Guide, Bobbie Thomas, Professional Ballroom Dancer, Chelsie Hightower (pictured above: left), and Fashion CEO, Kathy Ireland (pictured above: middle), are leading teams of LATISSE® users to see who can raise the most funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The first 10,000 people to participate in the campaign (by making a minimum donation of $20) will receive a LATISSE® free trial certificate. At the end of the campaign, LATISSE® will double each individual’s donation, with a maximum donation of $250,000, through October 31st. If you'd like to participate in the LATISSE® Wishes Challenge, you can join a team by visiting www.LatisseWishesChallenge.com. After learning about Bobbie's commitment to the LATISSE® Wishes Challenge, I knew I had to interview her during her visit to Miami. Here is a recap of my interview with the very talented and beautiful, Bobbie Thomas:

MBS: How did you become involved with LATISSE® and are you a satisfied user?
Bobbie: I am. I actually started using LATISSE® before I became involved with the brand. I was obsessed (and that's an understatement) with using false eyelashes. Over the years, after every application, I was pulling my own eyelashes off. Being in the business of knowing about the latest buzz and aesthetics, I was first in line when I heard about LATISSE® being FDA approved. I visited my doctor and he told me that I was a perfect candidate for the product. In terms of results, I started applying the product every night and saw a big difference after 4 months (the total time it takes for LATISSE® to make its full effect). The fullness in your lashes take time to appear and the results definitely vary per user.

[At this point, Bobbie allowed me to touch her stunning eyelashes...and yes...they are 100% natural.]

MBS: Why did you want to support the LATISSE® Wishes Challenge campaign?
Bobbie: I jumped at the opportunity! Any time I can use my platform to give back...I'm there! I am such an advocate for women and children who are facing life threatening illnesses. The fact that we can help grant the wishes of these children is awesome. If we can use the buzz surrounding a product to create buzz for a charity, all of the stars aligned for me as far as my involvement. I love working alongside Kathy Ireland and Chelsie Hightower. I would urge your readers to join one of our teams. It's great to know that LATISSE® will be doubling everyone's minimum donation ($20). Your readers can also visit the LATISSE® website to see the progress different people are experiencing by comparing their before and after pictures.

MBS: In your opinion, why should women be aware of their personal appearance and style?
Bobbie: Because you are your own walking, talking, 24/7 marketing campaign! There's no better person on earth to let people know who you are. I tell people over and over again (I don't care if I sound like a broken record) style is the way you speak to the world. You should be taking advantage of every single opportunity, every first, second and third impression to let somebody know what you're all about! It's not about being superficial. Use the superficial layer to say something meaningful. There's so much that your wardrobe can say. As women, that's how we communicate in a sense.

MBS: Which award show do you get most excited about attending or covering?
Bobbie: After being on the Today Show for 5 years, it has definitely become my second home now. I am so honored that I get to work with Kathie Lee and Hoda every day. Since I follow the buzz and trends surrounding award shows, I love watching the Oscars because they're so grand. Everyone knows that celebrities borrow dresses. I feel like every designer holds on to their dresses for that one particular show. That's why it's so exciting to watch and see what everyone ends up wearing. You definitely want to see familiar faces pull off all the stops on that night!
MBS: Have you been to Miami before and what is your favorite place to visit while you're in town?
Bobbie: You're not going to believe it but I love going to Versailles. My background is Spanish and Portuguese so my family and I love to eat! I always stop by when I'm in Miami.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

ABOVE: A great clip I found of Bobbie doing her thing on the Today Show! Hope you've enjoyed reading my interview. I have to say that Bobbie was extremely kind and down-to-earth when I interviewed her this week. I can see why she has been so successful in her career! The one thing she kept stressing throughout our interview was the need for women to feel confident. Bobbie was truly inspiring and she really cares about today's youth! To stay up-to-date with Bobbie and read all about her upcoming projects, make sure you visit her website: www.Bobbie.com. The website also features her blog and of course, all of the latest buzz! You can follow her on Twitter @BobbieThomas and watch her fashion and beauty segments on NBC's Today Show and her "Minute Buzz" segments on Fridays with Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford. For more information on LATISSE®, check out www.LATISSE.com. Remember: you cannot use LATISSE® without consulting your doctor first! xoxo